• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another 900 Build...SURE WHY NOT!!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
well, heres my new project...it wont be a money pit like my 900 hopefully...ok yeh right...

paid $1500 cash...throttle stuck wide open..sled wrecked into a tree...took the front out pretty bad...but i have as a roller already

heres the mods it already has on it
06 RMK 900..
153 Camoplast Maverick 2.25" track (SOLD)
3" Pitch Avid anti-rachets
225lb front track spring
Ryde fx FTS
Ryde fx rappid RTS
new hyfaxs (sold with rails)
black powdercoated skid (SOLD RAILS)
black powder coated tunnel (SOLD)
snowelimnaters
black dragon seat
dragon seat post
09 HOLZ spindles
Gripper skis
Timbersled center console vents (SOLD)
polaris under seat bag
6" fly risers (SOLD)
fly bars (SOLD)
MSD ignition plugs
SLP push arm
SLP torque arm
brandnew stator/flywheel and recoil housing
SLP billet Head
Diamond S hood (FOR SALE, BUT DAMAGED)
Avenger Race Pak
V-force3 reeds (SOLD, HAVE STOCK REEDS NOW)
new throttle body boots
SLP can (SOLD)
2 wheel kit from dragon with black OEM wheels (SOLD)
19/42 gearing
boondockers light resistor
06 SLP pipe
06 SLP y-pipe
extended FBF cable

MY parts i have already for it
Boondockers control box
Van Amburg Boondocker tunnel
I adjusted the TPS already
COMPFUSION front motor mounts
stock boost box
timbersled style intake
brandnew primary
74g MTX weights
09 front end conversion
09 sway bar
09 lower a-arms
09 IQ center console
(4) billet idler wheels

Summer to do
Camoplast Series IV, 2.52" pitch, 2.4" lug, 15 wide, 166" track
OEM 166 Rails
AVID Anti-Rachet Drivers 2.52" pitch
BOSS seat
stock gauges
timbersled gauge bracket
new TPS harness
fox floats front shock
custom rear motor mounts
balance primary
new clutching setup
.377/47 torsion springs
CPI stinger can
Polaris Anti-Vibe riser block
pro taper or rsi bars
rider select delete (the one and only POLZINHUNTER)
06 billet chaincase cover (if POLZINHUNTER takes the challenge )
fuel filter
billet front crossmember brace for the front motor mounts
either Mountain Fit IQR mod hood or the Mountain Fit IQ hood
summitseeker ice scratchers
Powermadd extended brake lever
anti-stab wheels
09 collant bottle
new jackshaft bearing
custom made lightweight jackshaft
SLP wave brake rotor
8 or 9" rear billet wheels
SLP White Exhaust Springs
port match/polish cylinders myself
black/white secondary spring with 66/44.46 helix with 2 derlin washer
flow test injectors/rebuild
VE front cooler
FTX rear torque arm relocation mod
ALL Mountain Fit Hoods Venting

AND POWDER COAT STUFF WITH AN ORANGE/BLACK COLOR SCHEME

see...thats all ;)

DSCN0063.jpg

DSCN0079.jpg

DSCN0122.jpg

DSCN0130.jpg

DSCN0125.jpg

DSCN0134.jpg

DSCN0133.jpg

DSCN0139.jpg

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
OH! OH! OH ! ME ME ME ! Your Wife must hate me already :face-icon-small-coo

LMFAO!! you know it..

lets just say it was a BAD night when i dropped the hints about it, and tried working it out with her...she thinks i owe her a newer car..whats wrong with a 93 Mazda Navajo..it runs ;)

Last edited:
B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
well sean you are a glutten for punishment too i see. i am going to try to put a raw 163 tunnel on my 05 975 this summer. how bad can it be :face-icon-small-dis:thumb:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
well sean you are a glutten for punishment too i see. i am going to try to put a raw 163 tunnel on my 05 975 this summer. how bad can it be :face-icon-small-dis:thumb:

LOL...you know it...that would be awesome..that way we have the info from MH on the 06 900 with RAW and you with the 05 900 with RAW..then i can copy them both...now thats what im talking about..:face-icon-small-ton

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
LMFAO!! you know it..

lets just say it was a BAD night when i dropped the hints about it, and tried working it out with her...she thinks i owe her a newer car..whats wrong with a 93 Mazda Navajo..it runs ;)

Also...you see the bottom line...yeh...thats for YOU!!!

drop me your address again..i will send you some of the damages i owe you still...

Hey now we're talking! I just happen to have a loaded 07 Tahoe for sale too!Your wife will love it !:face-icon-small-hap

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Hey now we're talking! I just happen to have a loaded 07 Tahoe for sale too!Your wife will love it !:face-icon-small-hap

SHUT UP...thats actually one of the damn cars she is looking at...:argue:

Where did you find that??????? and if you find another, let me know!!!!!

LOL...in the swapmeet my dear friend...

i will look for sure..i see them every know and then..you will be the first to know :gossip:

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
It's like collecting cars you just can't stop....(5 out of 7) I just run out of room or I would be on the line for TWO 06 900's in the last month....oh yeah money is an issue at times !
Nice find Sean !!!!

Like pets or kids "Everyone needs a buddy" use this sparingly for best results.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I really like that seat and the black tunnel. Think I might strip my sled down and powder coat it this summer. Not sure what color to do. I like black but don't want to copy anyone.

if you dont wanna go through all the hassle of tearing your entire sled to peices and assembling it..

do like i did on my 05 900, i had the local body shop do a shiny bedliner...took about a week to fully harden, but its awesome..i love it..was $200 and all i had to do was strip off the running board inserts, and fuel tank ;)

just DO NOT bedliner your running board coolers or rear cooler on your tunnel..thats a powder coating only item, or leave them raw like i did...much safer to leave them like that then burn your sled up..or get them powder coated like i said..

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
Its hard to tell by your pics, but the pic showing the left bulkhead plate looks to have a bow in it just above the drive clutch. To check if the bulkhead is good or not, take a known good left and right bulkhead plate and see if the bolt holes line up perfectly.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Man are those SLP airbox's ugly when you can see the whole thing! lol
Looks like you have a lot of work to do this summer Sean... you even going to have time to ride your bikes?? Good luck with the build bud.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
That looks like an 06 Dragon.

i thought that too but no info on it...but i think they only came in a 166" track

Its hard to tell by your pics, but the pic showing the left bulkhead plate looks to have a bow in it just above the drive clutch. To check if the bulkhead is good or not, take a known good left and right bulkhead plate and see if the bolt holes line up perfectly.

ur correct dave..the brace is bent in slightly..i have a good one and it was off about 1/4"-3/8" from the holes up front...will take some measurement and see when i check the crank runout and pull the motor...

Man are those SLP airbox's ugly when you can see the whole thing! lol
Looks like you have a lot of work to do this summer Sean... you even going to have time to ride your bikes?? Good luck with the build bud.

well..after my knee surgery in may i will be down for 2mths before i can bend it..so no bikes till then...hoping to be 95% done by then ;)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
UPDATE..

Got the motor out of the chassis...cleaned it all up, cleaned the bulkhead and went through all the wiring...

took the motor to the dealer to get the crank runout checked today..

IN the case, the runout was .0015 at the PTO end, and .001 close to the crank seal...i am no motor guru..so should i run the crank as it is...for at least 1 season, or maybe 2 seasons?? ( i think polaris specs are anything .003 and BELOW correct?)

I would love to send it in and get the indydan TMI crank setup he offers... its $500 for the triple PTO bearing and a billet PTO end for the standard P-85 clutch but i am not sure if i can afford to buy that, considering the sled needs a few more parts before its "safe and reliable" to ride...

but we will have to see what i can work out..

the bulkhead was slightly pushed in on the PTO side from impact with the tree...but i was able to get it pushed back with the help of my good old buddy 2poor...(that guy is the man) and the side braces line up and it looks like nothing ever happened...

i looked at the 151 finger track...its missing about 8 lugs on the pto side...dont knw what the hell he did to tear them off...so is this gonna be an issue with the rotating mass? or would it be ok to run?

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
As far as crank run-out, you are looking good there buddy, polaris max tolerance is .004" you got lots of miles b4 it gets close to that number.

As for the track... 8 paddles on 1 side are gone? WTF??? :eek:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
As for the track... 8 paddles on 1 side are gone? WTF??? :eek:

lol...yeh man thats what i thought..

it is the finger track, so it doesnt have the bigger paddles all the way around like the 159/166 tracks..but i would say 4 of the big paddles are gone and 4 of the "finger" paddles are gone...

i would love to swap it out with a series IV track or better one but i have never dealt in tracks before either..so its all learning expierence for me, lol

Premium Features