• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Low end bog

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
That is a common problem with the M7. Check your primary clutch belt to sheave clearance, it should be .010 to .015" some had as much as .060. Check belt deflection. With the clutching right, if you still have the bog, I have found that a RKT head with domes around 13/1 to 14/1 seem to clean it up quite abit.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
tps is mounted on the throttle bodies and tells the ecu where your throttle is to adjust the engine timing. The tors is the throttle safety switch whick is the little plunger at the base of the throttle flipper on the bars. The tors have been the source of many problems but act as a safety switch in case of a frozen throttle cable. You flipper should have about 1/8" of freeplay space between it and the housing. You will notice the flipper "floats" in the pivot hole and has o-rings that help maintain a certain tension fit. You can unplug the switch and see if it helps with performance.

D
Mar 31, 2009
Eau Claire, WI
So I've gone through pretty much the entire sled and yet still the bog. I recently just cleaned my power valves which helped for a little bit and now the bog is back. I also noticed that the bog is starting to show on the higher rpms. Its almost like a dead spot and you thumb it through and its great. Did a compression test 126 on each cylinder. The problem does not occur every time. It responds quite snappy sometimes. I am at a complete loss i have had this sled ripped apart so many times and yet the problem still consisits!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Jan 31, 2010
i had the same problem with my M7 for 2 years. last year there was a post about this problem. the fix was to take the clear tube coming out of your ecu and run it along your main wiring harness beside your motor instead of it going down into the belly of your motor. i ran it beside my motor and the bog was gone.

B
Nov 27, 2007
On my 07 M8 I experienced low end bog that was slowly working its way into the higher Rpm's. Eventually it got almost unridable as it would crap out on a climb if I burped the throttle at all. It ended up being broken reeds. More involved to check but if all else fails.....

M
Nov 23, 2008
Vancouver, wash
Put a fresh stock primary spring in and cat orange in secondary. get your deflection set good and see what happens. Also check for the tail light wiring shorting out i heard the 05 had problems with that.

T

TheJett29

Dec 6, 2007
Western ND
Call Thunder Products or go to their web site, thunderproducts.com
you need their injector perfector, this is a must on a m7.
Best money you will ever spend on a m7, about $45.

Later
Jett

D
Mar 31, 2009
Eau Claire, WI
Ok so I plugged my ethanol switch back in even though I run 89 withe ethanol and seems to take the bog right away solved the problem. I know all that does is adjust the timing. But any Ideas of why this would make such a big differnece even though Im running fuel with ethanol

Premium Features