• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muffpot question

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Wheres the best place to mount a muff pot on my 2010 m8?? I have an HPS can if that makes a difference. PICS would be appreciated:D

J

jzillmer34

Feb 12, 2008
Gackle, ND
The most common place is right where the Y pipe goes in to the pipe before the heat shield. You should be able to search on here and find pictures as I remember seeing some earlier this year. This is where I'm mounting mine also.

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
I have a SLP pipe and can and I put it on the can should be able to do that on the HPS can also . It still get hot enough to cook stuff .

S
Dec 8, 2008
Eagle Point, Oregon
I hate to scratch up my new SLP pipe, but cant do without the muffpott. Is there anyway to mount it so it doesn't?

Suck it up and mount it. You shouldn't be looking at the pipe any ways. If you are you most likely broke something. Pipe is for performance not looking at.
Put mine on the can right out of the box. toss in food at beginning of ride and eat well 3-4 hours later.

M
Dec 11, 2007
Billings, Montana
Suck it up and mount it. You shouldn't be looking at the pipe any ways. If you are you most likely broke something. Pipe is for performance not looking at.
Put mine on the can right out of the box. toss in food at beginning of ride and eat well 3-4 hours later.

I know, but it is like a new sled and putting the first scratch on it.

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
Just got my MuffPot today and I am looking at where to mount it on my 09. My first thought was to mount it right after the Y pipe but it is all rounded there. I tried it but it doesn't seem to sit very good on the pipe (and it looks very close to the hood). It fit really well on my Super Q can, but I am wondering if it will get hot enough??? It is a ceramic coated can. I read on another thread something about cutting a notch out of the heat shield and mounting it there. Anyone have any other ideas or pics?

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
Muffpot Mounting

I run a stock pipe with a Speedwerx y-pipe,and an HPS silencer on my 08 M8 SnoPro.My Muffpot is mounted just after the y-pipe on the bend of the stock pipe. I am going to try to use two clamps to hold it in place. One wasn't enough. WAO runs two on his M7. One after the Y-pipe and one on his HPS silencer. Both work well but the one on the silencer definatly cooks at a lower temperature.:face-icon-small-hap

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have mine on my SLP Canister.

It doesn't cook very fast but, I'm concerned that I'll burn my meals to a crisp if I mount it to the Y pipe area.

How long can you leave it in the Muff Pot when mounted on the Y pipe, typically?

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
I have a 1M, so I know my motor fits differently. My Muffpot is right on my Y pipe, and that is perfect for cooking. You learn pretty quickly when you can put things on. Frozen burriotos...I start them right away when we take off. Trail running (for me, to get to the goods)..........takes much longer. But out when playing, I've learned on various things the amount of time it takes too cook. On the throttle a lot, takes less time.

I've never burnt any food. Lunch is in the Muffpot, and a lot of times I will put in something after lunch, for when we get back to the truck and be able to snack after loading.

My Muffpot is mounted with 2 clamps.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
this is where i mounted mine and it cooks pretty fast, I blew up some sausages in 9 mi last weekend, it was deep powder though.

DSC03651.jpg

I drilled 2 holes and rivited the plate to the can.
DSC03650.jpg

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
Thanks for the advice guys. It fits so well on my Super Q can I think I will try it there for now. I'm going to add another hose clamp and squirt some high temp RTV on the screw to help keep it tight. :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features