• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 strokes complete ecu standalone for turbo sleds

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
Good news guys, started to tear apart the engine and wiring ect and guess what?? m1000 ecu complete wiring harness connectors are the same connectors as our ecu(standalone)!!! wow!! a week of fabrication saved here! and no ecu connectors manufacturer back order for sure! i will keep in touch with you all on the m1000 ecu project.......saving the connector fabrication for our ecu harness is soooooooooooooo cooooooool!i can tell everyone it will now be a plug and play application . no need to cut wires and weld them all together.

A
Dec 2, 2007
Mammoth Lakes
Why are you going to the effort of building a whole new ECU when you can buy something mature like Motec with 1000s of hours of programming and use. I did a 2 stroke turbo with an M4 that worked well. Now I use the M400 on my 4Tec mod sled. At the prices you are tossing around you could find a Motec ECU. Lots of support available for years to come also. New products like a knock module is now available also.

Just a thought. You could do it all with Motec and then sell people the fuel maps and you wouldn't have to deal with the hardware end.

A
Dec 2, 2007
Mammoth Lakes
Can't you read?

"i rather not throw sh!tty numbers yet since it all depends on expected sales.....i figured around 2500-2700$ cad. is my goal for a marine grade top of the line standalone ecu fully mapped for turbo application. even a perfectly mapped ecu can get a 15% hp increase on your regular non turbo sled!"

Why use a marine ECU? Is the software written to deal with engines on boost?

Last edited:
X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
http://www.vi-pec.com/

Here's the link to the ECU mfg, the ECU he is using is very capable from all I/O aspects to work with a boosted 2 stoke and about any other option you can think of. The "Marine" version is basicly the same from my understanding of reading the web page on it but is completely sealed/filled for the marine environment and has Knock control.

Hence my post of did you read the thread when you asked this one.

Why are you going to the effort of building a whole new ECU when you can buy something mature like Motec with 1000s of hours of programming and use.

I know he said a rough figure but I really wouldn't hold him to that and the fact as R&D is going to be a big deal on this and could come in high or low. Either way, My Bad.

I wish I had the time, tools, and talent to put something like this together and yes I've investigated doing it myself.

I've also seen the info/threads on your sled and I'm WAY impressed by your work with it. This is the first time I've seen a real attempt at doing it with a 2 stoke turbo and making it available to the masses if so desired.

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
http://www.vi-pec.com/

Here's the link to the ECU mfg, the ECU he is using is very capable from all I/O aspects to work with a boosted 2 stoke and about any other option you can think of. The "Marine" version is basicly the same from my understanding of reading the web page on it but is completely sealed/filled for the marine environment and has Knock control.

Hence my post of did you read the thread when you asked this one.

I know he said a rough figure but I really wouldn't hold him to that and the fact as R&D is going to be a big deal on this and could come in high or low. Either way, My Bad.

I wish I had the time, tools, and talent to put something like this together and yes I've investigated doing it myself.

I've also seen the info/threads on your sled and I'm WAY impressed by your work with it. This is the first time I've seen a real attempt at doing it with a 2 stoke turbo and making it available to the masses if so desired.

thanks xc700116.......some people simply not read the following on the threads and reply with weird comments!!
we will be installing next week our turbo kit on the m1000 2009 and hopefully begin to re-map ecu within two weeks. as we speak, we are analysing the language of the ecu to the dash board and to the electrique motor for the reed valves, so we can monitor dash and valves to perfection.Also,we are building some personal codes for the check engine to go on if any problem with fuel pressure,boost leak,and detonation(and activate our safe mode on the mapping). our plan is to go in revelstoke on the second week of december to fine tune for altitude(2-3 hours testing and that's it)......so if anybody wants to come with us , we would greatly appreciate since i'm a flatlander and have zero experience with big chutes and crazy mountains like you guys have overthere !!

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
sounds pretty damn sweet. the stock m1000 wireing harness being plug and play is priceless. :cool:
probably still have to repin or add some extra wires for some extra sensors and outputs, but definatly saves you and any one who buys one some time and $$$.

the vi pec is a standalone like a motec. Their are lots of different brands and versions of standalones out their.
I have ben wanting to get a standalone for my turbo street/drag gsxr 1000 for awhile now. I have always used a pigy back microtech with secondary injectors. unfortunaly the place that makes the motec with a harness that I know of for the gsxr 1000 is around $8,000. I am sure it is great, but way out of what I want to spend. I know some one runing a wolf v400 on a gsxr 1000 like mine. I could get that setup runing for $1600 or so. If I did any thing I would go that route for now.

one of those c3 power sports carbon fiber 4 tec's with a motec on it would be the ****. If I ever win the lottery.... :D

Astro
You got any links to posts on your 4 tec with the motec? I would like to read up on it. Sounds cool.

Last edited:
S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
just to let people know, we are a bit out of schedule since we have a few more car to finish before we can start the m1000 turbo kit installation....regarding the standalone, well everything is lined up and ready to be tune on the dyno, just need to finish a few project cars(350z twinturbo,z06 and gt-r)before we give it all to the m !!

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
here is some pica of the engine dyno we will use.

007.jpg

006.jpg

RIDECATS

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2002
MN
looks like dyno!!!

Looking forward to hearing more about how this goes. Nice to see someone tryin something different

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
as of today, the ecu(standalone) for the artic cat(700cc-800cc-1000cc)is ready with oem connectors capability(factory look). Base map was successfully loaded and engine is starting fine !!
I will receive my turbo kit(for the 1000cc) around the 23-11-09 so we should be ready to begin engine dyno mapping by then and a week should be enough to build all the mapping(0 to 20 lbs boost). i have decided to buy a CPC(cutler performance center) turbo kit .....after talking to the owner there(a true gentleman by the way),i decided to go with cutler. will post some news shortly on the installation and tuning. thank to Vern from alberta who pm'ed me and suggested to talk with dale at cpc for the turbo kit.

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
here is actually what i and few other people have done.
it is very simple to load different fuel maps in RMK ECU, M8 ECU, Yamaha Nytro and 1200cc Renegade.
That means you can create new curve for the turbo setup.

every map change has to be done in workshop :-(
no changes on snow like PC or BD :-(

re-flash make sense if you run all the time same setup, like me, 0-3000ft no hardware changes.
if you run your sled in the area where you have to change the map, well, BD and PC V are the way to go.

I re-flashed all my Polaris sportsman and Arctic Cat ATV's and they run all fine.
but if you like to mod your toys its a way to complicated to re-flash the ecu all the time.

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
Whats the state-of-the-state on this? Its december 11th, you've got to have dales kit installed on there by now!

Looking forward to your findings.... hp

We are a bit off schedule!!!!! engine tuning is about finish.......you will be surprise of th HP(to the crank) at 14 lbs boost :))...more than 3xx !......i was amazed myself ! it is still a secret dough !!!! we are working on the dash communication protocol(language) as of now, we want the dash to work as factory too.it is a one wire communication system.

here is a few pics of the m1000 2009 on the engine dyno.......promotional video of the engine in action shortly(a month or so.).

cutler(cpc race kit)
photo1.jpg
[/IMG]

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
here is actually what i and few other people have done.
it is very simple to load different fuel maps in RMK ECU, M8 ECU, Yamaha Nytro and 1200cc Renegade.
That means you can create new curve for the turbo setup.

every map change has to be done in workshop :-(
no changes on snow like PC or BD :-(

re-flash make sense if you run all the time same setup, like me, 0-3000ft no hardware changes.
if you run your sled in the area where you have to change the map, well, BD and PC V are the way to go.

I re-flashed all my Polaris sportsman and Arctic Cat ATV's and they run all fine.
but if you like to mod your toys its a way to complicated to re-flash the ecu all the time.

we can deliver a turning knob with 5 diffrent positions for 5 diffrent maps with 5 diffrent boost setting.......100 if you want......i can program the hi beam switch on your sled to switch from map to map(boost)....let's say 3 hit will equal 8lbs boost----4 hit=14 lbs boost-----5 hit=18lbs boost......we will customize to the buyer taste/needs completely.
tuning an engine is vital and only real professionals can do it properly.....so dumping fuel every 1000rpm with PC or BD is a simple way to go a bit longer with your engine boosted......it is not your everyday remedy....

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
i know what you mean, but its still not easy to do and cost effective like a BD box.

we can deliver a turning knob with 5 diffrent positions for 5 diffrent maps with 5 diffrent boost setting.......100 if you want......i can program the hi beam switch on your sled to switch from map to map(boost)....let's say 3 hit will equal 8lbs boost----4 hit=14 lbs boost-----5 hit=18lbs boost......we will customize to the buyer taste/needs completely.
tuning an engine is vital and only real professionals can do it properly.....so dumping fuel every 1000rpm with PC or BD is a simple way to go a bit longer with your engine boosted......it is not your everyday remedy....

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
i know what you mean, but its still not easy to do and cost effective like a BD box.

in fact, it is pretty easy to do!!!
you will be quite surprised at the price we will lauch the standalone ecu :)
very close to PC and BD......the finished product will be sooooooooooooo much more than your average fuel dumper!

Premium Features