• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What would you like to see changed for 2014 timbersled?

B

bb27

Dec 11, 2009
what you change or like to see as options when ordering a 2014 timbersled?

1 option for chromoly tunnel panels instead of aluminum. I will gladly take an extra pound or two for more strength. tired of pounding panels straight. I know that not hitting stuff would be the best choice here but I run out of talent too often and I would like a little insurance there. Or a double thick drive side panel out of aluminum.

2 shock options, I want to be able to order it with different shocks other than a stripped basic fox shock. I would love an EXIT shock combo that is fully adjustable or an evol from fox. Or a kit with no shocks and a discount and i will order the shocks myself.

What else would you like to see as an option or improvment??

C

carbondaddy

Nov 26, 2007
Revy
A closed in tunnel that doesn't throw snow forward onto my back, feet, helmet, neck and airbox. Preferrable made from carbon fiber. T-motion rear suspension (like the new ski-doo). A rounded profile track that starts out as a 2.5" tall paddle and tapers to 1.5 on outer edges and has softer paddles. Maybe the new ski will be out by then ;(

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
This one?

541845_456410551082969_774031560_n.jpg

734718_456410777749613_2127041785_n.jpg

Brian used the 150R Chassis, 250X power like Service Honda http://servicehonda.com/honda-2010-models/junior-x
MH is all original in size.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRUuSzhNigo

This is one of those issues the bike conversion owners will have to accept, although very few will suffer the consequences as riders learn to read the terrain. The Explorer's design sacrificed the caliper mount on the left leg, the other kits overbuilt the ski mount knowing all the force lied on the one ski. Twoskis are used to this happening all the time, bent A-arms these days, then before it was trailing arms that took the brunt, but dig deeper and there was sometimes major structure damage, all from a stupid rock or exposed stump.

Ask a KTM rider with an Enduro Engineering slave cylinder chain guard if he and all the other lemmings bought intending to use. Nope, it's as if it's not there and they keep an eye on chain and sprocket wear as riders before far more worried about the case!

On the Hawks say you found a culvert in a ditch end, we have, that's gotta hurt!
The left side frame bends or collapses towards the clutches since they are factory bent before, behind, and back in front of them, the right side has no bends. The forks hardly need attention because the triple clamps are positioned at both ends of the specific outer tubes. Motorcycles clamp only the distance of the frame head, and the tire, tube, and wheel work out the kinks.

6080_1214155431158_6317244_n.jpg

6080_1214155791167_1716630_n.jpg

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Finding ways to reinforce the chaincase and tunnel sides. Seems like a lot of guys I know bend and crumple those sections pretty easy.

Also, work with Mountain Addiction to get those gas tanks to stay on with a clip. Tying down an expensive gas tank track system with a $10 strap is silly.

G
Dec 9, 2009
Scotty's crib
I rode an sx kit for the first time this weekend i loved it on the trail but it lacked what i had in the deep stuff with my new 120" track, if they could make an sx with the120" track that is on this years st kit that would be awesome

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
1 option for chromoly tunnel panels instead of aluminum. I will gladly take an extra pound or two for more strength. tired of pounding panels straight. I know that not hitting stuff would be the best choice here but I run out of talent too often and I would like a little insurance there. Or a double thick drive side panel out of aluminum.

Even better would be using SSAB Docol 1200 to 1400 ultra high strength steel in the sides. A lot cheaper than chrome molly and a lot stronger. Very easy to weld also. Read more here. http://www.ssab.com/en/Brands/Docol1/Products/Docol-1400-M/ Best of all is that it has a good spring back effect if you hit something hard it will normally just flex and go back to original form. Superb material to work with.

//Rob

E

epicloop

Mar 21, 2011
competition

Some competition, might bring price down a bit. Can get a deal on a new bike (old stock) for price of LT. Not knocking product just seems like a lot of $.
Was looking forward to Frozen Moto gaining some ground, just need a bigger footprint.
Good to see all the advancements from year to year.

A

adamd1979

Dec 17, 2011
Kenai, Alaska
Totally agree with both epicloop and teal_210. The price is a bit steep and the only thing I'd wish to change on my 2013 kit would be the powder coating choice. I've got a 2moto as well and that coating held up great for me. Shiny is nice when you unbox it, but after a few trips with the bike in-between sleds in a trailer, the novelty soon fades. However, this new feature would not make me buy a brand new 2014 kit because I love everything else about the one I've got. Great job TS, but please take the bling factor down to zero: )

M
Jan 14, 2004
Steel chain tensioner sprockets. Mine just cracked in half, awesome, it was adjusted right dead nuts to spec.

M5

K
Jan 31, 2013
Affordable

A lower price would be great! Why sell one kit for $6000 to a guy when you can sell one kit for $3000 an then 10 more kits to all his riding buddy's. Yes you will lose money from the sale of the kit but 10 kits will produce more money in parts an accessories then one higher price kit sold to one guy that has no one to ride with because his buddy's cant afford them. Grow the sport to the masses an the posibilitys are endless. I'm from Maine an have grown up on a local motocross track that is filled with guys that love riding an would embrace "snow biking" 100%. But with a asking price almost equal to a new leftover 450 it seems to turn off the average Joe with a wife n maybe a few kid to the idea of spending that much on a add on kit for there bike. This is my opinion an I in no way have any idea what it takes to build a kit like this but I do now a lower price would increase sales.

Premium Features