• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Simmons Gen 3 skis

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Got to spend about twenty minutes tearing up about 500 acres of untouched 1ft of fresh pow pow that very same 09 Dragon as well. I WAS ABSOLUTELY IMPRESSED! These skis improved the carving characteristics of this particular sled vastly over the very very capable stock gripper skis. I also have a set of SLP that are cut for advanced handling performance and a set of stock grippers with longer wear bars to compare with directly and the new prototypes were every bit as good as the SLP's and a degree better then the stockers.

They hold a nice consistant edge in a sharp or gradual carving turn. They land and prop the sled better then stock so you don't get diving on your downhill ski in very aggressive high speed back and forth play. Seemed to track perfectly well on the packed too. All around a pretty impressive aftermarket product. Surprised since I've often stated the stockers are as good a choice as anything for the Polaris IQ RAW RMK but I think that I rode something a degree "BETTER".

S

summit-x

Mar 3, 2008
Central,ND
Won't be available to buy till next year we don't have prices YET but probably in the same ball park as the Gen2's. I will take some pic's in the morning and post them up before jay comes and takes them again.

Michelle

yeah thanks michelle,

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
yeah thanks michelle,

Sled169 has them again and can we say CRAZY day at work Yesterday. When i finallly got around to taking Pic's i realized my camera was at home.....

Sorry guys Jay said he would take and post pic's this weekend.

Michelle

S

Sled169

ya i bet they will float well, how will they do sidehilling though?

The side hills seemed to be good, They felt like they held better than the stock, I me it felt like it took out the over balance point where the dragon seems to want to tip over and gave it more room to lay up and balance better. Over all tehy really are not that muc wider than the stock gripper skis, but the more flat bottom, dual runner design of the Gen 3 works better for my riding style than the extra deep single khel of the stock gripper skis.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
ya i bet they will float well, how will they do sidehilling though?

sidy%20sm.JPG

:face-icon-small-hap

skidawg

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2006
Wausau, Wisc.
I also tried a proto set of the gen III skis, on a 08 hp3 turbo nytro,last weekend up in the Grand Mesa and all I can say, is they far exceeded my expectations! I have tried three different brands of skis on this sled and these are by far, the best all around handling. I will definately be ordering a set, next fall.:face-icon-small-hap

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Well ... now I feel kinda pissed for buying the Gen II's this year.

Those things dont work in anything but 4+ feet of powder :(

Did shortening up the length between keels make it easier to steer on flat, hard snow?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Got a little package in the mail tonight from FreeAgent....I'll open it after dinner. :clock: :face-icon-small-hap

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I didn't like them as much on my wife's 2006 600 RMK. They bit too much and made the front end too hard to steer.

I rode them this weekend on icy and SOME slushy snow with my GenII mod.
LIKED THEM. I'd throw on some Powder Pros and try them on my chassis too...BUT I REALLY liked them better than the orig Simmons on the GenII chassis WAY better.
Deeper keels are WAY BETTER. WAY BETTER. I liked these on the old non-rider forward chassis.

Hmmmmmm.

Next to the powder pros.
Skis are 8" wide. Keels are 3.5" apart.
Old simmons are about 6" wide right? Keels are about 5" on those, right?
DSC00996.jpg

DSC00997.jpg

DSC00998.jpg

DSC00999.jpg

DSC01000.jpg

DSC01002.jpg

DSC01003.jpg

DSC01013.jpg

No decent pics of the skis on the Polars GenII chassis.....but they are definately and improvement over the GenI Simmons. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01078.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I likey. I'll send them to Spud this week so he can try them out.

S

Spud

Mar 5, 2003
Lewistown,MT-USA
I sure hope it snows another time decent enough to try em or it will be next year unless she wants a grass drag report on em...:face-icon-small-sho
Looks like Cooke Cty Mothers day wkend to say the least!:sun:

S

Spud

Mar 5, 2003
Lewistown,MT-USA
the GenII's are better than the I's and the GenIII's are even better than the II's by far. Just Right! Pics don't show skis since the snow was 30-50 inches of new!:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features