• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jaws Gen5 Turbo Pipe

worx53

hotrodsledshop.com
Lifetime Membership
Jul 15, 2009
www.hotrodsledshop.com
We dynoed several 850 NA at Dynotech at 165 hp stock btw. All documented. You could then tweak them to 170’s with timing , fuel, ecu flash , head work, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worx53

hotrodsledshop.com
Lifetime Membership
Jul 15, 2009
www.hotrodsledshop.com
Stock 2022 skidoo 850 turbo made exactly 165 at Dynotech and made great hp numbers with flashes. Customers been running these tunes for a long time already. The pump gas flashes are in the 190’s consistently and “in the field performance” proves the power.

Btw: I have dynoed both at Rich Dalys and Dynotech’s to get good data and both showed almost identical results on the same motor combo in the 800r days. Several customers have been to DD racings dyno with similar results on 850 NA all stock and then modified to higher hp results. I’ve certainly had the random call where a guy has said their 850 na didn’t make any power adding a xxx pipe… and sometimes duds are duds no matter what you do to them..

Last edited:

worx53

hotrodsledshop.com
Lifetime Membership
Jul 15, 2009
www.hotrodsledshop.com
One more thing… we Dyno not to see what hp number we got compared to some other dyno that is meaningless….we Dyno to get a base hp number ( the control) and the modification numbers to see the difference. It’s this change in hp and torque that tells you if your modifications are working…and this change in hp/tq should be about the same regardless of whose dyno you test on. Then field testing under various conditions solidifies the results and /or if further tweaking has to be done.

worx53

hotrodsledshop.com
Lifetime Membership
Jul 15, 2009
www.hotrodsledshop.com
Right now we have 3 guys who have run the jaws turbo pipe in the past 2 weeks and it’s working really well on 2- 2023’s one at high elevation, one low, and a 2024 at high elevation. More to come…..

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Are these pipes early release that needs the stinger expanded, or are they recent build pipes on the 23’s?

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
ef6986e42f339b90ed29e8ae4873caed.jpg

What’s the new skidoo recent update?

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Stock 2022 skidoo 850 turbo made exactly 165 at Dynotech and made great hp numbers with flashes. Customers been running these tunes for a long time already. The pump gas flashes are in the 190’s consistently and “in the field performance” proves the power.

Btw: I have dynoed both at Rich Dalys and Dynotech’s to get good data and both showed almost identical results on the same motor combo in the 800r days. Several customers have been to DD racings dyno with similar results on 850 NA all stock and then modified to higher hp results. I’ve certainly had the random call where a guy has said their 850 na didn’t make any power adding a xxx pipe… and sometimes duds are duds no matter what you do to them..

Mint, thanks for that Bud. (y) I had to bold and underline it. Some people just don't believe that and blame the clutching.

F

firstkitty

Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
There’s nothing wrong with trying pipes , charge tubes , mufflers ect. But you must first have a solid baseline no matter what clutch kit or stock clutching your running, and never ever add a clutch kit and muffler, pipe or any mod together. Always get a solid baseline first with stock exhaust And when I say baseline I don’t mean running it on the grass out in the backyard . Run it in different conditions, warm days , cold days, wet snow ,

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
do any of the aftermarket pipe manufacturers mention the significance of temp on performance? would be surprised if they do but they should.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Buddy, I think its not really their place to tell or teach one that black magic. They should say "adjust your clutch weight to get XXXX rpms.", or, some kind of instruction to hit the target rpms.
One of my customers got no paperwork with his brand new pipe. Only after trying to figure it out from running it, then after, he emailed the pipe guy and got this sentence....

The stock pipe rev's quite a bit lower than our pipe. You will want to shoot for 7800 with our pipe and climb to 8000 rpm target.

Well that don't even make sense. the sticker on the clutch says 7900 +/- 100 rpm. What's "quite a bit lower"? IF 7900 is stock, then what is the new pipe supposed to run at? The reply does not make sense.

Im going to write up an article and show step-by-step the emails that went back n forth and show a stalling for time tactic.

Last edited:
F

firstkitty

Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
The problem is with that joe most of these companies don’t care after the sale is made . Or the one replying to the email doesn’t know piss from soup. You go beyond for people. I bought a BMP race ported 880 one time and struggled to get it to run with a ported 800 HO when I called Eric at bmp and told him he said oh that’s a bummer you maybe have a fast 800ho lol fact was he had my $ and he didn’t care after that.
In 2020 I bought every pipe imaginable for the 850 na , jaws, Slp .bmp, d&d , dyno port Evan a aaen I learn a lot testing them pipes mostly every one weren’t worth 2 squirts of cold piss.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I Did this with a aftermarket muffler on my 2016 T3, first sled I ever rode stock before I tried a muffler on it, sledders are our own worst enemy, change everything before it leaves the dealer floor.
Wow what a horrible difference in performance after riding with a stock muffler past breakin, the under hood heat went way up, engine ran hotter, therefore increased primary clutch temps, and guess what? the clutching got sensitive, rpm bounced around at WOT.
Wrapping that ceramic coated muffler in header wrap made a big difference with the underhood heat, and engine temps. Tried explaining my findings to the muffler builder, “well it works for us”, ok then.
IMO Jaws is ahead of the game, with a fully insulated pipe that works with the stock muffler. I had a jaws on my 2019 850, it was claimed at 12hp. Yah, didn’t feel that on the top end, and can’t remember the weight I added, but it did have a rpm gain. The engine woke up alot in the midrange, and held rpm on long pulls, perfect. It will be interesting to see/hear this turbo pipes results from the average Joe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Premium Features