• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Rider Video Contest - It's On!

M

MT BoonDockerBoy

Dec 23, 2012
Seeley Lake, MT
www.calebkesterke.com
Yes, just embed your video in this string. Now that it has finally snowed a little bit here in the west we should start to see some new riding video. I think I started this thread too early in the season when we didn't have any snow.

Yeah and then you have guys like me who have had decent snow since early December but have to finish up mod sleds... I'm gonna send this to my buddies though and I would like to see this get big.

Can I link this to other snowmobile forums like Dootalk and SledNation or is this strictly for those who are on SnoWest and see this thread directly?

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Yeah and then you have guys like me who have had decent snow since early December but have to finish up mod sleds... I'm gonna send this to my buddies though and I would like to see this get big.

Can I link this to other snowmobile forums like Dootalk and SledNation or is this strictly for those who are on SnoWest and see this thread directly?

I started this contest so we could see some good amateur riders get a little recognition, as far as I am concerned everyone is welcome. Cross promote all you want. :face-icon-small-ton

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
So I am allowed to use video footage of me and two of my buddies in one video? Some pov's are from all of us, so in the slim chance we win we share the prize? :face-icon-small-ton

There are no rules about how many people can be in the video, but the prizes will be disseminated to the person posting the video, so make sure everyone in the video is on board and you discuss how the prizes will be distributed in the group.

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
I have amended the rules to include your good suggestion.

Any chance the end date could be extended to 15 April?

For AK and much of Canada we're not hitting our prime riding until March and for us in AK, Arcticman (a huge video opportunity) is in early April.

I'm sure much of the western states have open riding that late as well.

Either way, thanks for putting this together Nug!

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Any chance the end date could be extended to 15 April?

For AK and much of Canada we're not hitting our prime riding until March and for us in AK, Arcticman (a huge video opportunity) is in early April.

I'm sure much of the western states have open riding that late as well.

Either way, thanks for putting this together Nug!

I have had other requests to extend the deadline so I have amended the rules! Voting now closes April 30th, winner announced May 1st.

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Some of you may be hesitant to post your video thinking your riding isn't good enough or will be judged too harshly, don't let that stop you. This is a competition for amateurs, we are not expecting to see Burandt like riding in every video. Nor should anyone feel arrogant for putting themselves out there and saying "Ya I'm pretty good, here is my video to show it". :face-icon-small-ton

Hopefully the light particpation thus far is the lack of snow. Even at 7500' I am still bouncing off logs, stumps and rocks. :mmph:

Bigger prizes (donations) might also bring out more participation too.......hint.......hint. :face-icon-small-blu

M

MT BoonDockerBoy

Dec 23, 2012
Seeley Lake, MT
www.calebkesterke.com
The time extension is a great idea! I ride into June every year so ending the competition in March is like cutting me half short. lol

I personally have great snow (better then most years) and have been out 5 times but my sled isn't running good and just haven't been able to film anything. Working on my top end right now and I assuming my hunk of aluminum runs decent I'll post some videos at the end of next week.

MikeMetzger

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2013
Edmonds Wa
Pro, Pfffff yeah right. Ive got some editing skills I could bust out, but those are definitely better than my riding skills ;)

And yeah, we definitely need more snow. Fingers crossed.....

Premium Features