• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where can you get old style fuel can filler spout?

T

towngrunt

Apr 17, 2008
I hate the new gas cans with the anti-spill spouts. If I have all day one might be able to empty one of these. I would like to get either some replacement spouts like the ones that I have or new cans that fill faster.
What is everyone else doing to transport fuel and transfer it to the sleds?

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
start going around to garage sales and auctions and look for the old style ones used and buy all of them you can. . .. .just like your lightbulbs that work vs. the piece of crap fluorescent bulbs.. .the govt. has regulated them out of existence.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
store

Hardware store has hose and hose clamps and screws for vents probably somthing to plug the hose too cut your spout to where u can just fit it all togather. Be sure the hose is big enough to not go in a car tank filler. Your thief will be pissed!! Haha

C
Jan 15, 2009
Colorado Springs
I spent months this summer looking for same and here are a few folks I located in Canada that still had a few of the old spouts. Good luck.

"Good News,

Although I was unable to find anyone in my extended local area who could replace my current spout, even my local dealer, I did find several sources. Problem is because of good ole California stupidity, the industry had to meet new standards of stupidity for gas cans. The final result of new idiotic rules and regulations for gas cans forced the industry to eliminate the spout. Hence the problem in finding replacements; they are not being made anymore. Once the remaining stock is gone, that is it. The manufacturer did say a more politically correct spout is coming out, but, I am sure it will cost us all more.

Anyway, here is the contact information for the two Canadian folks who helped me out. Not sure what they have left in stock but...

Ample Industrial Supplies, Bob Henderson, 604-936-2311, www.tryample.ca,
sales@tryample.ca

-OR-

Priceless Products Landscape Depot Inc.
Tel: (416) 410-2158
Fax: (416) 638-1085
Toll Free: (888) 447-2158
Email: mikecampitelli@pricelessproducts.com
Web: www.pricelessproducts.com

Good luck,"

Chaos

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
T

towngrunt

Apr 17, 2008
Great ideas guys, I will be purchasing about a dozen of these to keep in my fire safe for future use. Thanks to all for the help.

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
Has anyone come up with a home made vent that can be put on the can like the old ones had, they would pour out alot faster. Ive wanted to take my chipping hammer and beat a hole in em before, but thats not the answer. :smash:

2manytoys11

Dec 11, 2010
craiggerbuilt.com They have a few of the old style left but they only sell These with there quick release system. Looks like a nice way to carry 2.5 gallons of fuel, my gf just bought one I hope to get it on her sled tommorrow. Good luck, If you find just spouts please post here, thanks

Premium Features